Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does it look bad if I don't redo my writing section online?

I took the June 2018 LSAT and although I wasn't happy with my score, I was happy with my writing sample which is handwritten. I took the June 2019 LSAT and am happy with my score, and am wondering whether it would look bad if I submitted my June 2019 LSAT with my June 2018 writing sample.
Thank you!

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Do you mean the July 2019 digital sample? If so, I think it's perfectly fine to move forward with the one writing sample that you feel comfortable with. I have taken the LSAT three times, including July, and I feel no need to complete a third writing sample. If you're talking about two writing samples that you've already completed/were handwritten, they will both automatically be sent to the schools you apply to

• 17 karma

No I mean that I took the June 2018 test, which was all handwritten and am satisfied with my writing sample. Then, I took the June 2019 test, which was all handwritten except for the writing sample, which could be done from home if we wanted to. I haven't done the second writing sample because I am satisfied with my first one, but I am wondering how it would look if I used my writing sample from a over a year ago with my test from a few months ago.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

Oh okay, yeah you should be fine with just using the first one! Honestly, if I were an adcomm I don't think I'd enjoy reading multiple LSAT writing samples from one person

• 17 karma

Thank you!