Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UVa Early Decision

I can't decide whether to apply for the binding UVa early decision... I have a 168 LSAT and 3.95 GPA so I am just under the LSAT median and just over the GPA median. I think it is my top choice, but also it is so hard to know when you haven't visited, which I won't be able to.... My main concern is the financial aspect because since it is binding, you are going regardless of whether they decide to offer any scholarship. Does anyone have thoughts or advice? I don't know anything about early decision

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Are you a state resident in Virginia? Also, did you listen to the recent interview with the person from UVA admissions?

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

If UVA with money is your ultimate goal, I would consider retaking. If you are okay with no scholarship, then ED might be a good idea. What are your reasons for choosing UVA for ED above any other school? ED at Northwestern comes with a scholarship. Do you know where/what you want to practice?

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

@MissChanandler said:
    ...ED at Northwestern comes with a scholarship.

Wow this was news to me but yep, comes with $40K/yr