Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help!!!

lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
in General 256 karma

Hi everyone,
I really need some advice in regards to the LSAT. I have been studying on and off for the LSAT from the past 1 year. I started at around a 140. I am scoring around 150 untimed. I usually get 15-16 questions right per section. I did mention on one of the discussion boards before that I did two undergraduate degrees. I did poorly in my first one, and I did really well in my second degree. I went back to do a second degree for the purposes of going to Law School. Since I had to work super hard in my second degree to compensate for the low grades that I got in my first degree. I want to do the same for the LSAT. I want to show the admissions committee that my grades have an upward trend. My goal is to attain a 170 on the LSAT and I want to be realistic about this score. I was planning to take the exam in September and realized that I am not ready at all. I was planning to take it in October or November (mostly thinking of November). That gives me around 2-3 months. I don't know if that's enough to reach my goal. I am not working or in school, so I have time to study full time. I believe that I am struggling with coming up with a solid plan. I have finished the 7 sage course and I am also studying from the lsat Trainer. I am willing to dedicate as much time as this exam needs.
I get 2-3 questions wrong per game on the games. Sometimes it's stupid mistakes. Questions that I know I can get right.
I get around 15-16 right per LR section (untimed) It takes a while for me to wrap my head around the argument.
RC- I am struggling with timing.

I needed some advice should I redo the course ? and re-read Mike Kim's trainer ?. Or should I just drill questions from different sections ? Since drilling has helped me a lot in terms of seeing where I am getting questions wrong. After that I was planning to pick up my speed. I don't plan on taking a full time preptest any time soon, since I know I won't do good and don't want to waste a prep test. I am willing to dedicate as much time as this exam needs. I just want to make sure that I am going the right way about it.

Sorry the long post. I would really appreciate some advice :)

Thank You

Comments

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

I would redo the course! If you're not BRing at or above your target score then it's probably worth going over your fundamentals. Especially worth it to drill each LR question type.

• salonpapassalonpapas Member
    138 karma

I understand the worry of running of PT; I used to think the same thing, but you won't. There are so many, lol. I used to hate doing PT because it was such a commitment and it just seemed soooo arduous. But now, that's pretty much my main form of study.

Now that you've completed the course. You need to practice and practice and practice. You need to practice being in the testing setting, sitting for three hours, know what questions to skip, time management, and a lot more. The more I do PTs, the more I feel comfortable about the whole thing. You can do it!

• berathocamberathocam Alum Member
    edited August 2019 164 karma

Hi, here's what I would do if I were you.

Go over the course one more time. Concentrate on the drills and quizzes. Skip the Trainer. Give yourself about a month to do the course. That's a bit short but for you it is a re-do so I would argue that one month is probably enough.

After you finish the course, watch this: https://7sage.com/webinar/post-core-curriculum-study-strategies/ This will help.

First, really understand what Blind Review is. Then, you do your PT. You do a Blind Review. Concentrate and spend most of your time on the questions that you miss on Blind Review.

If you need extra thoughts on a specific topic like Must Be True questions, MSS or Flaw or How to Skip Questions take your time and watch these: https://7sage.com/webinar/

If you have questions you can always send me a message and I'll respond as quickly as I can.

Best.

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

BR something fierce on your sections. Watch video explanations for the questions you've missed. If there is any confusion in your mind still about why the right answers were right and why all the wrong ones were wrong, use the help hashtag and ask. Sometimes, it just takes someone saying it a little different for it to make sense. There's a lot of good people here who can and do help.
    Study in depth. Find the traps. Go back to lessons if you're having trouble with certain questions.

• lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
    256 karma

Thank You so much @"Pride Only Hurts" @salonpapas @berathocam @AudaciousRed . I will surely use these tips :)