Skills/Improvement and Score Relationship ?

Zeke21HeEatinZeke21HeEatin Alum Member
in General 38 karma

So I can tell I'm getting a lot better and that my skills are improving significantly, however, it hasn't translated to significant score increases yet. I'm wondering if this is normal when you still haven't taken very many PTs?

I started taking full PTs about a month ago and have to date taken a total of 4. My first full PT was a 162 and since then I've scored 161, 162, and 164 on the latest one (last week). It's somewhat confusing to me tho because I can tell that my skills have improved quite a bit in the last month. This is especially obvious to me during BR where I'm much quicker at identifying correct and incorrect answers, among other things. My last two BRs have been 174 and 175.

I guess I'm just asking if it's normal for your actual PT scores to not necessarily increase as quickly as you feel like your skills have. I hope that makes sense. I'm trying not to get discouraged and keep telling myself I've only taken 4 PTs, but it's still frustrating.

Thanks

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

It sounds like maybe the time constraints of PTs make you nervous/stressed and so you're not using the skills you've developed like you do during BR. I think that this will improve with more time and practice. Maybe try some confidence drills and come up with a pacing strategy/goal.

What does your study schedule look like?

• Zeke21HeEatinZeke21HeEatin Alum Member
    38 karma

I'd say that's accurate. I do get pretty nervous during timed PTs which can make it harder to focus on my skills, but I have noticed it got better the last PT I took. I usually study for at least 3 or 4 hours every day. The semester started again last week so it might not be quite that much, but most days it will be at least 2 hours. I try and take a PT at least once a week, but I'm going to try and increase that to two as the November test date gets closer.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

You are on the right track if your BR is improving as well. 4 PT's might not be enough for you to see improvement. Keep on keeping on.

• chisal17chisal17 Alum Member
    289 karma

make a note of what you're doing wrong while you're taking the exam timed. did you read too slow? move too fast? etc. and then focus on improving those tasks while youre taking the exam timed.