Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Games by 7Sagers: My Coffee Needs a Seat (April Fools Edition)

nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
edited April 2015 in General 7965 karma
@pseudonymous made this look REALLY easy. If you find any errors I will make you a custom meme or avatar of your choice.
@"Al [^-^d]" @blah170blah @"Dillon A. Wright" @jdawg113 @emli1000 @"Nilesh S" @pseudonymous

Seven Sagers—Al, Blah, Dillon, Emli, JDawg, Nilesh, and Pseudonymous—have gathered in a library for a free tutoring session Dillon has offered (to make up for the chaos resulting from a certain scheduling disaster). They will sit, each in one of eight chairs, around a circular table. Any two of them are said to be sitting directly across from one another if and only if there are exactly three chairs between them, counting in either direction of the table, whether the chairs are occupied or not. The following conditions apply:

Al sits directly across from Emli.
Dillon can only sit next to one other person (on his right side) because “[his] coffee needs a seat” (srsly?).
JDawg sits immediately next to neither Al nor Nilesh.

1. Which one of the following could be the order in which four of the Sagers are seated, with no one else seated between them, counting clockwise around the table?
a. JDawg, Dillon, Dillon’s Coffee, Nilesh
b. Emli, Pseudonymous, Nilesh, Al
c. Dillon, Blah, Nilesh, Emli
d. Pseudonymous, JDawg, Nilesh, Al
e. Dillon’s Coffee, Al, Pseudonymous, Blah

2. If Emli sits between Dillon and JDawg, then which one of the following could be the two people each of whom sits immediately next to Pseudonymous?
a. JDawg and Nilesh
b. Al and Nilesh
c. Al and Dillon
d. JDawg and Dillon’s Coffee
e. Nilesh and Blah

3. If Emli does not sit immediately next to Jdawg, then which one of the following could be the two people each of whom sits immediately next to Blah?
a. Al and Pseudonymous
b. Emli and Nilesh
c. Emli and Pseudonymous
d. Al and JDawg
e. JDawg and Pseudonymous

4. If Nilesh sits directly across from Dillon’s Coffee, then each of the following people could sit immediately next to Dillon EXCEPT:
a. Al
b. Emli
c. JDawg
d. Blah
e. Pseudonymous

5. If Nilesh sits directly across from JDawg, then what is the minimum possible number of seats (occupied or not) between Emli and Nilesh, counting clockwise from Emli to Nilesh?
a. Zero
b. One
c. Two
d. Three
e. Four

Comments

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Awesome... Its been a while since I stopped prep BUT I'm actually going to have a stab at this in a bit!!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    You feature almost as prominently as @"Dillon A. Wright" 's coffee!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    My coffee is my best friend, how did you know?!
  • Dgelf321Dgelf321 Free Trial Member
    87 karma
    hey guys, these aren't "7sage-user-created" games per se, but cambridge has some free simulated games if anyone needs additional practice. Obviously, there is no substitute for an actual LSAT question and the preponderance of your studying should come from actual questions, but it doesn't hurt to do a few simulated ones. Also, they have a few of the pretests released from India, I haven't researched thoroughly the relevance of the Indian preptests but again, additional resources can't hurt. Enjoy

http://www.cambridgelsat.com/resources/free-downloads/logic-games-practice/
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    hmmm... e-a-d-b-c??? totally random but @nicole.hopkins a stab at the game as promised.
  • pseudonymouspseudonymous Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    521 karma
    Oh gosh! @nicole.hopkins this is amazing. Been out of town and working all of today (stat pay ftw), but so going to do this. Got an idea for the board set-up anyway -- we'll see how it works out :-P Thanks for this!!
  • pseudonymouspseudonymous Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    521 karma
    Had dinner and worked through this. Not as terrible as I was expecting lol. #famouslastwords
    1) E 2) A 3) D 4) B 5) C
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    SPOILERS BELOW

@"Nilesh S" and @pseudonymous are both correct :-) I'm so proud *sheds a single tear*
  • ENTJENTJ Alum Inactive ⭐
    3658 karma
    Lol oh man...that's awesome Nicole. Too bad I just saw this...it's weird that my name doesn't register when used "@....". @"Dillon A. Wright" , any thoughts?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Pretty sure it's the brackets in your name. Probably conflicts with something. No idea. :(
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @nicole.hopkins said:
    @"Al [^-^d]" @blah170blah @"Dillon A. Wright" @jdawg113 @emli1000 @"Nilesh S" @pseudonymous

(add @ENTJ)

Hope all is great with you all!
    Thank you all for a fun memory of past cycles:)
  • taylor_michelletaylor_michelle Alum Member
    79 karma
    This sis so awesome. So well written too. You obviously have an incredible understanding of the games if you are able to create one this splendidly! Have you written the test yet?
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @chartiertaylor said:
    Have you written the test yet?
    Haha ... this is from over a year ago ;) And yep, all done!