PT86.S2.Q13-17(G3) - Every year, a mining company dispatches

tina_gktina_gk Alum Member
edited September 2019 in Logic Games 125 karma

This game is kind of driving me crazy. I am looking at the first rule which states the following:
"the team must work for atleast one months at a headquarters between any two months working at different mines"

So my interpretation is that that Headquarters must come in between Krona and Grayson mines. My interpretations then contradicts the correct answer which is B as 'H' is coming between two Gs

how is that correct answer? please help.

thanks!

Admin note: edited title; please use the format of "PT#.S#.Q#(G#) - [brief description of question]"

https://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-86-section-2-game-3/

Comments

• timyoder8timyoder8 Core Member
    44 karma

The correct interpretation can be seen a little more clearly if we restructure the first rule as so. "between any two months working at different mines, the team must work for at least one months at a headquarters". This is implying that if K_G or G_K exist, then the _ must be an H. This does not necessitate that every H must be bracketed by K and G.
    Symbolically, K_G -> _=H and G_K -> _=H. We can also draw this out to imply that GK never exist and KG never exist.
    In short, you just interpreted the rule wrong. Hope the restructuring tip helps!

• LouisLittLouisLitt Member
    66 karma

Just to add to Tim's response..

You are correct, in that H does NEED to be placed in-between K & G but I believe the mistake you're making is that you're taking this rule to also mean that H can ONLY show up in-between K & G, which isn't the case.
    You can be required to do something if a sufficient condition is met but that doesn't mean that absent the sufficient condition, the required action can't be performed.

e.g. You need to go to the grocery store if your friends are coming for dinner.
    You can still go to the grocery store even of your friends decide to go elsewhere.