Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How to Master LR? Closing the Gap between BR and PT LR score? Tips Appreciated! - 7Sage Forum

How to Master LR? Closing the Gap between BR and PT LR score? Tips Appreciated!

mooooooo00mooooooo00 Free Trial Member

Currently, I am averaging -3/-4 per section and I would like to get that down to -0 to -2 per section. I struggle most with Sufficient Assumption, Strengthen, Resolve the Paradox, Weaken, and Necessary Assumption type questions, but I think rather than a question type...it's more about level 4 or 5 difficulty questions. Recently, I've also been missing these questions in Blind Review so I'm not sure what's wrong or if I am overthinking them.
Also, I finish RIIGHT on time or guess on 1-2 questions. I know speed comes with improved skill, so any tips on how I can finish consistently with ~2 minutes left would really help!
How should I proceed? I don't really have much time left and I don't have time to order and go through the Loophole :(
I'm really glad that I've come a long way in LR because I used to miss around -8 to -10, but I really want to score the best I can!
I would really appreciate advice and tips on maximizing my improvements given a limited time frame!

Comments

• galaxygalgalaxygal Alum Member
    224 karma

I'm in the same boat as you and would love any tips on improving in LR as well!

• goblue123goblue123 Alum Member
    231 karma

Yo! There's a bunch you can do-- of course, there's problem sets, focusing in on 4/5 star questions, but how do you do on blind review? If you're blind reviewing well, it may be a timing thing-- for that, I'd say really hone in on a consistent skipping strategy.

My skipping strategy (note: you should read a bunch of different ones, then test things out and see what works for you)
    Before I started skipping, I'd get caught up on 2 or 3 questions in the 11-18 range that would turn into massive time sinks because I wouldn't allow myself to move on without answering. More often than not, I got those 2 or 3 wrong. Then, now having less time for 19-26, I'd get 3 or 4 of those wrong.

I started to let myself skip those 2 or 3 questions, and also skip and parallel method/parallel flaw question (I didn't have a ton of trouble with PM/PF, they were just time sinks). I'd also let my self skip 2 or 3 questions in the 19-26 range, those really difficult ones, so that I'd finish the section around the 25 minute mark with 4-6 questions skipped. Now, I'd return to those questions with fresh eyes. For the questions I skipped in the 11-18 range, almost 75% of the time I just needed a break from them and the answer was obvious, so skipping was huge for those. Then, for those 2-3 really, really, tough questions, I'm tackling those around the 28/29 minute mark, so I really have a lot of time for them. This got me from -4/-5 to -1/-0.