Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

November, January, or just wait?

I am registered for the November exam and hoping to apply for the 2020 cycle. I have been studying on and off since mid-June, seriously studying since August. I took a diagnostics originally and score 136. The last PT I took a few weeks ago, I got a 150. Would like to be in the 160s but I'm now thinking that might not be possible given the short timeframe. Should I push my exam date to January or just wait a full cycle? Is taking the January exam too late to apply?

Comments

• Anthony92Anthony92 Alum Member
    54 karma

I'd suggest that you take it in January - this gives you time to cement a solid study plan for 3 months starting now.

• GSU HopefulGSU Hopeful Core
    1644 karma

Agree with Anthony. I would push until January at the very least.

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    422 karma

I pushed back my test to January because I am still not scoring in the mid 160s

• shelbshelbsshelbshelbs Member
    edited October 2019 15 karma

What helped you bump your score from 136 to 150?

Also, most schools I'm looking at for Fall 2020 will even take the February score, so I'd aim for January and February instead. I'm in the same boat!

• Mario RoboMario Robo Alum Member
    266 karma

I would push it off until January and then work it out from there based on what you get and where you want to go. Even if you take January, you can wait until next year or you can apply to schools this year. It really depends on where you want to go and what kind of scholarship you are looking for

• ericauhunmwanghoericauhunmwangho Core Member
    108 karma

I am also kind of in the same boat I have been studying for the lsat for about 9 months now I took it in June 2019 got a 150 I have been studying since in preparation for the November LSAT but I'm still not where I need to be I am struggling with the exam during timed sessions. So I may push back to January, however I was originally adamant on applying as early as i can, but at the end of the day I realized you cannot rush the LSAT process and it does take time, and and high LSAT score weighs so much more than anything else. My advice would to be get the supplementals for you application together gradually as you study, so you are not interfering with your study schedule, and by the time you get your score you can send it in immediately, it is worth the wait if you get a good score.

• DB_Journeyto1LDB_Journeyto1L Alum Member
    26 karma

Thanks all for your advice. After speaking with several attorneys at my current firm, I've decided to push my exam back to January. At the end of the day, I'd rather have a great score and apply later than originally planned than to have an OK score (in my opinion) and apply a few months earlier.

• ericauhunmwanghoericauhunmwangho Core Member
    108 karma

@daynab94 said:
    Thanks all for your advice. After speaking with several attorneys at my current firm, I've decided to push my exam back to January. At the end of the day, I'd rather have a great score and apply later than originally planned than to have an OK score (in my opinion) and apply a few months earlier.

I agree, trust me most of us are int he same boat, everyones path is different, just keep working hard and really utilize the next couple months! Good luck!