Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Canadian Law Schools

Hi all!

This might be a silly question, but the applications online aren't that clear and the admission offices haven't replied my emails. Does anyone know if we have to order transcripts (from our post-secondary schools) and have them mailed to the desired law schools directly? Or do we have to pick them up/have them mailed to us first, then mail it out to the schools ourselves?

These applications exclude the schools in Ontario. I'm aware they go through their own application system.

Thanks so much and any help is appreciated!

Comments

• PatriciaHighsmithPatriciaHighsmith Alum Member
    81 karma

Hi! My understanding of the applications is you contact your post secondary institution and they mail the official transcripts directly to the law schools you’re applying to. Some of the applications I’ve seen require basic copies of the transcripts and then require official ones if you get an offer and accept, and others seem to require official transcripts regardless. Hope this helps you. Just my understanding of it!

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

They must be mailed directly, according to those I spoke with on OLSAS. They will not accept anything you provide (because it may be altered etc.). Your institution should be able to send transcripts electronically. Keep your receipt.

Good luck!

• 21 karma

I agree with what's been stated. I'm in Van and have applied to the usual three in BC. UVic accepts unofficial transcripts, but if you are offered a place you have to sent official, and most universities do this for you. UBC and TRU want official transcripts, and your university should be able to send them directly if you order online. But make sure the address is correct; if it goes to general admissions instead of the Law School yours might not be received in time. Hope this helps!

• lydia.huang105lydia.huang105 Alum Member
    41 karma

Thanks so much for all the responses!