LSAT Writing - Should I practice?

pstroud97pstroud97 Member
in General 137 karma

Hey everyone, I was wondering what y'all think about trying to practice for the writing sample. I need to complete mine within the next week - but is it worth it to try it with a different prompt? The only prompt I can find is from June 2007, and I've read enough examples from that one that I think it would help little to write my own essay. Does anyone know where I can find another writing sample topic from other administrations? Or should I not worry and just sit down and take it?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• The way you can approach the writing sample is that you start off with an issue statement. It would go like this

The issue is whether Sam Smith should decide between the SuperBowl Tickets or Cotton Bowl tickets. Here is the criteria 1) Wants VIP Seating and 2) he want the tickets at reasonable prices. Then, we can prove that one of these options meets both criteria.

Option 1 spell outs. It is able to meet the criteria of VIP by his friend was able to secure the VIP establishes the criteria of wants VIP seatting. It can be establish that he was about secure ticket at a reasonable price through his friend meets the criteria of he want the tickets at reasonable price. Then, tell a conclusion.

Option2 spells that he may able able to meet one of the criter. You do this with a matchable fact. Then, you maybe you state the fact where it doesn't meet the second criteria. then, states that option two was not able to meet both criteria.

You can state that first option was able meet both criteria.

By writing the writing piece of the LSAT this way, show you are able to see issue from both sides.

Because a majority are going write one sided. This one way to differentiate your writing sample. It is gives sort of lawyer like analysis to it. Hopefully, this helps.

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

No need to really overthink this, but I'd personally sit down and write the '07 essay even if you are familiar with it, just give yourself a few minutes less to do so (since you've already 'brainstormed' essentially). If that goes poorly, then maybe you had better practice another essay or two. But if it seems to go fine, then just go ahead and take the assessment (knowing that you will have to spend a few minutes up front brainstorming).

• J.B. JD ASAPJ.B. JD ASAP Member
    137 karma

I have plenty of prompts if you want to practice with a few others. I have every Prep Test book that LSAC put out so the writing sample scenarios are the original scenarios for each past test. Let me know if you want to do this and we can figure out a way to make this happen.