148-157 in five weeks - NEED ADVICE

gdlaw0818gdlaw0818 Member
in General 35 karma

Hey guys!

I was just wondering if its realistic for my score to increase from a 148 to the 155-157 range in five weeks? I'm considering re-taking in January and I'm not sure if that's something that could possibly happen.
I just recently broke in to the 150's on my PT's and I'm in desperate need of advice!!

Thanks!!

Comments

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

If you’re already in the 150s on Prep Tests, I think a few strategic changes can help you pick up those extra points. 1. Skip and flag LR questions you struggle with and come back to them after you finish every other question. Additionally, focus your LR studies on mastering the translation drill (read the stimulus once, write down the conclusion and premises in your own simple words, then, without looking at the answer choices, make a few guesses as to what would solve the question.)
    2. In each Logic game, answer the orienting question THEN immediately skip ahead and answer all your current game’s “if” questions before coming back and answering the others. By tackling “ifs” first you will have a bunch of possible (or impossible) scenarios which you can use to eliminate answer choices for the remaining questions.
    3. For RC, practice reducing each paragraph to a very simple description and how it relates to the rest of the passage. For example: I’ll read the first paragraph and stop at the end and tell myself, in three words or less, what I just read. After each subsequent paragraph I do the same thing and also, in three words or less, tell myself how the paragraph is used in the passage. Does it support a claim in paragraph 1? Does it present an argument opposing something earlier? I would think about it like this. “1. Background: why need treaty.” “2. Explains 1. Pre-treaty situation.”
    Using this low-res method, you give yourself a map to locate specific information while retaining a basic understanding of the main point and perspectives.