Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How Much To Study for High 160's?

johsan97johsan97 Member
edited December 2019 in General 75 karma

I have been studying 3-4 hours a day from Monday-Saturday starting July. Around 1-2 for LR in the morning and 1-2 for LG in the afternoon. RC is my strongest section so i have only been focusing on LR and LG. I was just wondering if this is adequate enough to be studying for up to the April Test. I sometimes feel mentally fatigued and get many questions wrong while studying, so i was just wondering if should incorporate another extra rest day on Sunday and just study Monday to Friday. Im currently one year out of undergrad and I am a musician. So am pretty much a full time LSAT student and a musician on Saturdays and Sundays. Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thank you In advance.

Comments

• dcstyles51dcstyles51 Alum Member
    320 karma

I think it largely depends on what you're scoring at. If you're already scoring within the low to mid 160s then getting to the high 160s won't take as much time as if you were scoring in the 150s or 140s. It also is relative, as many people learn at different speeds and how long it took one person to score in the high 160s might take you longer or shorter.

However, if you are feeling mentally fatigued I would say it probably is a good idea to incorporate one extra day of rest into your schedule. If your brain is not functioning to it's fullest potential then it isn't going to intake as much information as when it is fully rested. Don't go pushing your body too hard, or the payoff you get while studying isn't going to be as strong.

• JerryJerry Alum Member
    176 karma

For me, I would say it depends on how quickly you are covering new materials. I started solidly hitting the high 160s after I had finished reading 3 different series on the LSAT and built up my foundation through learning the different perspectives of other people.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

I agree with the above. It depends on where you are right now. If you are below the mid 150s you are fundamentally not ready to make the leap to the high160s yet and need to reexamine your approach. If you are already above 160, you probably just need refinement and mastering of LG.