Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Practice

cjklepaccjklepac Free Trial Member
in General 8 karma

What has been the most effective(books, time management..) at helping you study for the LSAT?

Comments

• chicago234chicago234 Alum Member
    163 karma

do practice tests and keep a detailed journal. take breaks if you get burned out

• Discipline is how I improved to where I am. I have a routine and I stick to it even when I don’t feel like it. Also tracking the work I have done motivates me because I see that if nothing else, I can be disciplined.

As for resources, The Loophole book by Ellen Cassidy and 7Sage are the only products I would have spent money on if I could start over. When it comes to the LSAT, JY Ping is the equivalent to Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings. He is a wizard!

Powerscore is all about making money off of you. I believe the money I spent on them was a waste. Some have had success with them but I believe their approach is outdated and inefficient. My score improved for the first time when I started using 7Sage’s material.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

JY Ping is the GOAT

• dcstyles51dcstyles51 Alum Member
    320 karma

For me, I really have found a lot of success through 7sage and the LSAT trainer. The LSAT trainer gave me a pretty good foundation that 7sage really built upon in much more depth. I would also recommend that you shell out the extra money to upgrade 7sage to the ultimate package because of all the practice sets and preptests that comes with it.

I personally do a few practice sets a day, 1-2 logic games every day and switch off between reading comprehension and logical reasoning every other day. I also take a practice test every week and then blind review it the following week. If you get burned out then you should take the time to rest and refresh your mind, if you just plug away mindlessly then you're going to have a lot harder of a time studying.

Good luck and have fun!