Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

UCI or UMN?

ChiChi55ChiChi55 Alum Member
in General 177 karma

I know many people here are concerned about getting into the top 14 law schools but that’s just not in my cards and I’m very happy with my choices so far.

With that being said, I got accepted to both university of California Irvine and the university of Minnesota. Irvine has a ranking of 23 while Minnesota has a ranking of 20. Does ranking really matter when they’re that close?? Which would you choose?

I’m from Minnesota and would love to get away for the winters but also know how expensive California is. Just looking for some others opinions to persuade or dissuade me!

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Im originally from California, grew up in San Jose, and went to the University of Minnesota twin cities for undergrad. I think the difference of 3 in ranking means very little. It would depend where youd wanna work. Irvine, or Minnesota? Also, your class ranking will matter a lot too. In minnesota, i found the environment to be much more chillax and less stressful than California

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited January 2020 4312 karma

https://www.lstreports.com/compare/

I'm not sure how accurate this site is with there data but you can compare schools based on employment stats, small/large firm, public service rating, etc. Maybe this will help with your decision? I think scholarship/funding is an important factor to consider as well, but ultimately choose where you believe you'll enjoy not only the curriculum but the environment you will be in for the next 3 years!

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Look at what cities their grads get placed in. I'd decide off what city I'd rather be in.