meganyoung78-1meganyoung78-1 Alum Member
edited October 2020 in General 51 karma

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Honestly, you just gotta plow through... Its hard to find motivation but you gotta think and vision success

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27828 karma

Don't wait to find the confidence to study. It will never come to you, you've got to go and get it. Confidence has to be earned. For me, it was a void that I needed to fill on a very deep level. Take it personally. Need it. If you can internalize it like that, you'll be hard to stop.

• Sim SimmaSim Simma Alum Member
    168 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    Don't wait to find the confidence to study. It will never come to you, you've got to go and get it. Confidence has to be earned. For me, it was a void that I needed to fill on a very deep level. Take it personally. Need it. If you can internalize it like that, you'll be hard to stop.

Well put I would take this advice 100%

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

If you can take a week off or more, I suggest it. I just took around a month off after work commitments/holidays/travel and it was a boon for me. I decided to wait a cycle after a 155 in September to get into the 160's+ like you. Go meditate, swim, or go on a run and reassess how you approach this test. J.Y. is doing some fabulous BR calls on PT 89 RC this week. Join us if you can! I learned so much today. Keep going. Let me know if you want a RC drilling buddy too.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I also took the January test and at this point am counting on re taking. I have already started studying again after taking a few days as a breather. I have taken the test before and hope that I improve from that horrible take but don't feel that I will have reached my goal score (170's). Here is how I am trying to look at it: We are at the very end of an admissions cycle as it is. I haven't applied anywhere. I need to get fincial aid, ( hopefully full ride) and I know that scholorships are drying up. If it isn't meant to be this cycle, I am going to get myself into a great position for next cycle by planning to take the June test ( possibly April) and also possibly August. For this cycle I thought I was going to be fine taking the November test and then Jaunary as a back up but what ended up happening is I was extremely ill in November ( pneomia type ill) and couldn't take the test. I was still fighting headaches in the January test. I tried but I wasn't 100%. I am going to learn from this and plan for things to be earlier next cycle. I have written many drafts of my personal statment, diversity statement and am getting everything ready for applications.
    I am trying to take a really honest look at my weaknesses and what I am going to do to over come it. One of my biggest issues is test anxiety. So, starting in a couple of weeks I am going to take protored tests every Saturday, I am also really focusing on Reading comp ( which was likely the death of me in January) as well as working through the Loophole book by Ellen Cassidy. I am also going to continue helping others on the 7Sage forum and using 7Sage problem sets and prep tests. I am not going to register for a prep test again until I am scoring above my goal score in a protored test enviroment. My BR score has been really high so I think doing protored tests consistently will help get me there. I used to be a good test taker but I have a lot of difficulty with this test. It is important to me to master it. I felt like I left points on the table in January and to me that says it is time to plan to retake.
    I don't know what your weakness areas are but I would suggest taking a similiar look if you don't get the score you are hoping for.

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

Lsat is an iterative process. You really have to assess what has been going well and what has not (analytics is key to this) you have to be willing to change your approach to this test or you'll end up with the same results. That's where the motivation comes from. Change your approach and the results will follow.