Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CONFUSED ABOUT HOW TO SCHEDULE MY STUDY SESSIONS?

AnnieCillaAnnieCilla Free Trial Member
in General 36 karma

Hi everyone. I took the January test and got a 157. After much consideration, I have decided to retake the test in October. My target score is somewhere between the mid 160s and 170. Is there a chance that I could improve my score significantly if I study 2hrs on weekdays and for about 6hrs on weekends?

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

I think so! 8 months is a good amount of time. If you are diligent and consistent with your studies you can do it.

Make sure you’re BR’ing and always try to take something away from each PT you take. When it’s time to take another PT you should be feeling as though you have improved in some aspect. If you haven’t already, make sure to foolproof games until you’ve got it down to -0/-1, this is a must if you’re looking for a high score.

Good luck!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Yea I think thats fine. From 157-mid 160s isnt too bad, I would say October is definitley enough

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

With that amount of time, depending on how much material you have left, id consider picking up the economist for RC

• zgnc0616zgnc0616 Member
    41 karma

Oh yeah! That's about how often I studied before my first test and I studied for less than two months (oops). Anyway, I got to the mid/high 160s without much practice. Afterwards for my retake I did an additional 4 months and kicked it up a notch (about 20 hours per week) and my PTs are up closer to the mid 170s. Ultimately, since you have a longer time period, I think that your schedule makes more sense such that you don't burn out. It might be a good idea to take one practice test per week and spend some time thoroughly reviewing them once you have a solid foundation.

• AnnieCillaAnnieCilla Free Trial Member
    36 karma

@Logician said:

I think so! 8 months is a good amount of time. If you are diligent and consistent with your studies you can do it.

Make sure you’re BR’ing and always try to take something away from each PT you take. When it’s time to take another PT you should be feeling as though you have improved in some aspect. If you haven’t already, make sure to foolproof games until you’ve got it down to -0/-1, this is a must if you’re looking for a high score.

Good luck!

Thank you for this great advice!!!

36 karma

@"z.k.gabrielson" said:
    Oh yeah! That's about how often I studied before my first test and I studied for less than two months (oops). Anyway, I got to the mid/high 160s without much practice. Afterwards for my retake I did an additional 4 months and kicked it up a notch (about 20 hours per week) and my PTs are up closer to the mid 170s. Ultimately, since you have a longer time period, I think that your schedule makes more sense such that you don't burn out. It might be a good idea to take one practice test per week and spend some time thoroughly reviewing them once you have a solid foundation.

Thank you. I think one pt per week is actually good. That way I don't burn through pts anyhow

36 karma

@lexxx745 said:
    With that amount of time, depending on how much material you have left, id consider picking up the economist for RC

Yhh. I'd say RC has been one of my weakest sections till date. I think reading Economist will be beneficial. Thank you!