Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do I hear sound on the course explanation videos but no images?

RC LAWYERRC LAWYER Alum Member
in General 85 karma

Does anyone know why I can hear the sound on videos in the course but I cannot see JY map out anything or see the question which makes it hard to follow along. #Help

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

which videos specifically? All of them?

• 276 karma

Hi @"RC LAWYER"!

I'm sorry to hear about this - it sounds very frustrating!

Which video player are you using? The issue might be solved by switching to our "Simple" video player. The simple one lacks some of the advanced features like time cues, but we've purposely created it to "play nice" with the largest pool of devices and browsers. If you go to "Settings" and then choose "Simple" under Video Player, it might fix your loading issues. I've attached an example screenshot here:

Also, if you use any sort of ad-blocker plug-in/software, we've found that sometimes that also prohibits our videos from being played.

Let me know if this doesn't fix your problem and we'll continue troubleshooting!

• RC LAWYERRC LAWYER Alum Member
    85 karma

Yes, it is all the videos.
    Elaine, I tried that, but it did not work.

• LivinLaVidaLSATLivinLaVidaLSAT Alum Member
    705 karma

Try using a different web browser to see if you have the same issue. Also, if you're on a tablet, see if it works on a computer.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@"RC LAWYER" said:
    Yes, it is all the videos.
    Elaine, I tried that, but it did not work.

Hi there,

Sorry about that. I tried to reproduce the issue but I was not able to. To help us get to the bottom of this, can you tell me which device you are using and which browser?

We find that the Chrome browser works best with our courses.

• 276 karma

@"RC LAWYER"

Do you mind giving us more details so we can try to pinpoint the issue? If you could let us know what browser/app you're using and what device (computer, laptop, tablet, phone), that would help us narrow things down. Echoing what @LivinLaVidaLSAT said, if you have access to other devices and find that it works on one but not the other, that info would also help.

If you don't want to post this info publicly, please either DM me or email studentservice@7sage.com.

• RC LAWYERRC LAWYER Alum Member
    85 karma

Hi there, I am using a Chromebook and a Google web browser for the videos. I have been doing 7Sage for a while now, and I didn't have issues before. It was just recently, this week, that the issue popped up. Thanks for your help!

• 276 karma

@"RC LAWYER"

This may sound obvious, but we have to check - are other videos (like from other websites, YouTube, etc. or local media files on your computer, like a saved video) also still working normally?