Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Weakening questions

Juper1234Juper1234 Member

If I am really struggling with the most advanced weakening questions should I stay on the lesson until I am able to perform better or should I move on to the next lesson in the schedule and come back to weakening questions later.
Thanks

Comments

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

I think it depends in part on where your struggles are coming from. If the problem is just that the questions are challenging, I think that everyone struggles with them the first time they go through the CC. On the other hand, if the problem is stemming from a more fundamental place, then it might be worthwhile to either stay where you are or even backtrack to an earlier lesson.

Are you able to identify what is causing you such difficulty in those harder weakening questions?

• GodsPlanGodsPlan Member
    176 karma

@Juper1234 said:
    If I am really struggling with the most advanced weakening questions should I stay on the lesson until I am able to perform better or should I move on to the next lesson in the schedule and come back to weakening questions later.
    Thanks

Hey,

I'd review the lessons until you feel confident you understand the concept. For the harder questions it should be easy to narrow down the answer choices, then go with your gut. If you feel that an answer grasps the weakness in the argument conceptually, it's most likely the right answer.

Goodluck !

• Juper1234Juper1234 Member
    112 karma

@jmarmaduke96 said:
    I think it depends in part on where your struggles are coming from. If the problem is just that the questions are challenging, I think that everyone struggles with them the first time they go through the CC. On the other hand, if the problem is stemming from a more fundamental place, then it might be worthwhile to either stay where you are or even backtrack to an earlier lesson.

Are you able to identify what is causing you such difficulty in those harder weakening questions?

I feel like the way that I approach them is the problem because I don't feel I am implementing what I've learned in the lessons to the actual problems. What I am going to do is, I am going to go over the lesson again and make sure that I understand the concepts.