Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying during quarantine

mellomelmellomel Alum Member
in General 292 karma

I hope everyone's healthy and staying productive these days. Just wanted to check in and ask how everyone is studying and scheduling their days during quarantine. I'm wondering especially how y'all preserve your sanity and what do you do to calm your mind and just chill.

I have a full time job but the pandemic reduced my workload tremendously, which means I have a lot of time to study now, yay! But the downside is that I am now inclined to work almost all day, and everyday. I tried taking today off (that is after taking a PT :)), but I ended up deciding to study as little as possible, by foolproofing a few games and reading RC sections from the Trainer. Cause the guilt of not studying is making me feel very anxious.

But on the bright side, I now get to practice yoga every morning (highly recommended) and also try to squeeze in some meditation time. Other than that practically the only breaks I get during the day are my 2 coffee breaks and watching an episode of the Office every now and then.

Day-offs are overrated anyway am I right?? But seriously I think I need advice on how not to burn out. Also wouldn't it be great if everyone shared some ideas on how we can all preserve our mental health while going through all this shit?

Comments

• JDream2025JDream2025 Alum Member
    edited April 2020 990 karma

Now that we have all this extra time, I don’t know what to do with it. LOL we are funny beings; we cry when we have time and cry when we don’t.

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    422 karma

I have still been trying to get my study hours in. So far, I have taken this time to look at the silver lining and that means studying a bit more because there are literally no distractions! What I find what helps is setting weekly goals for yourself such as: reviewing RC set, or doing x LG set and making sure I foolproof...
    Stuff like that will get you through the week. I also told myself there is literally no excuses on why I should not score well on this test now.