Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital LSAT reading comp annotation?

Hi guys,

It looks like some people, particularly someone like Nicole Hopkins, has a very specific annotation strategy on the paper LSAT. I'm trying to incorporate something like that for myself, but on the digital LSAT platform.

I have been going at it without annotating at all, but just writing down the low-res summaries of each paragraph and the main point , structure, and tone before attacking the questions. I tend to get -5 to -6 on the RC section timed and want to go down to -2 to -3 range...

Does anyone have a digital annotation strategy that helped them significantly?

Comments

• The JudgesThe Judges Free Trial Member
    364 karma

i went from writing a couple words on a piece of paper to digital highlighting. I went form a range of -6-8 to -3-5 so I assume that using a faster strategy would also benefit you so you can look over some flagged questions a second time.

• 540 karma

@"The Judges" said:
    i went from writing a couple words on a piece of paper to digital highlighting. I went form a range of -6-8 to -3-5 so I assume that using a faster strategy would also benefit you so you can look over some flagged questions a second time.

What do you exactly highlight as you read the passage?

• The JudgesThe Judges Free Trial Member
    364 karma

I highlight the thesis in the first paragraph, then the main ideas and key details. By that I mean key evidence and things that seem weird which could be a question. Then highlight the conclusion while close reading this should make it easy to answer global questions quickly so you can go back and figure out detail questions which naturally take longer

• EveryCookCanGovernEveryCookCanGovern Alum Member
    401 karma

I generally highlight one word per sentence. A word that encapsulates well what the sentence was about. I will never highlight whole sentences or clauses unless it's the thesis, if there is one. I differentiate colors for different viewpoints and also just for visual clarity. I don't use the res-method however. Another tactic that can help raise your score, if you find that there is a particular subject you don't like, relegate it to being your last passage. Works well for me, which is art. I could care less about the expressionists. My most recent LR was was -1 on pt 89.