Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting Worse...desperate for advice

Kris4444Kris4444 Member
in General 266 karma

Just finished the starter pack. Diagnostic 157, first few PTs after the CC I was scoring in the high 160s but the last 5 have gotten progressively worse scoring 160 on the last one and I feel so disappointed in myself. BR is also all over the place ranging from 166-175.

During quarantine I was studying ~45-60 hours a week but a few weeks ago I went back to working full time (50 hours a week) so I've been trying to study all day Saturday and Sunday, wake up at 4am to study before work, and study for an hour or so after work and I'm just getting worse.

Between PTs I keep a journal of every question I got wrong and what I was thinking when I came to the wrong answer, rewatch CC for priority areas, and make problem sets of questions in priority areas I've gotten wrong in the past.

None of this seems to be helping though. My best area is LG but I always tend to get 1-2 wrong from making stupid mistakes (although this last PT was such a stupid mistake I got almost every question wrong on one game). The issue for RC seems to be timing; it just takes way too long to thoroughly go through a passage while keeping different concepts (especially science) in mind. And for LR I'm constantly falling for trap answer choices.

I'm so desperate to know what I should be doing differently and for any advice. To anyone who took the time to read this, thank you so much!

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Can you post some scores and which PTs you took? Might be helpful. Perhaps the higher scores were in the old PTs? And lower scores in the much more recent PTs?

• Kris4444Kris4444 Member
    266 karma

@lexxx745 said:
    Can you post some scores and which PTs you took? Might be helpful. Perhaps the higher scores were in the old PTs? And lower scores in the much more recent PTs?

Yeah it's all the PTs in the starter pack: J07 157/166; PT36 164/168; PT37 165/169; PT38 167/174; PT39 167/169; PT40 162/166; PT41 165/175; PT42 164/168; PT43 163/173; PT44 160/166

• 1058 karma

I can speak from experience that PT 44 is the most brutal exam I’ve been through. And there are only about 12 exams I haven’t seen. So I would consider your range to be in the mid to high 160s. Fluctuations like that are normal especially if you haven’t been PTing for a long time.

It sounds like you have a full load too. Since you returned to work have you felt stressed while you are taking the exams?

• 246 karma

Sometimes the best remedy is a couple days off where you don't even think about the LSAT and you don't feel guilty for not studying. I ran into a similar problem where I started over-thinking things and was putting too much pressure on myself. A break was the perfect remedy for me.

• Kris4444Kris4444 Member
    266 karma

@"The Great White Shark" said:
    I can speak from experience that PT 44 is the most brutal exam I’ve been through. And there are only about 12 exams I haven’t seen. So I would consider your range to be in the mid to high 160s. Fluctuations like that are normal especially if you haven’t been PTing for a long time.

It sounds like you have a full load too. Since you returned to work have you felt stressed while you are taking the exams?

That is so encouraging!I feel a lot better knowing I'm not the only one who struggled with PT44.

@Journeyto99thpercentile said:
    Sometimes the best remedy is a couple days off where you don't even think about the LSAT and you don't feel guilty for not studying. I ran into a similar problem where I started over-thinking things and was putting too much pressure on myself. A break was the perfect remedy for me.

Yeah, I've been super stressed these days. I work at 2 public schools full time and adjusting to online teaching has been BRUTAL. I know I'm over-extending myself but I really want to be able to reach my goal for the June LSAT, spend all summer working on all other aspects of the application and be ready to apply in the fall.