Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to Interpret 'Target' for Logical Reasoning Questions in Problem Set Generator?

ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member

Quick question for those that have a better understanding of the 7Sage problem set generator than I do:

After I've completed any sort of problem set, I've noticed that SOME questions have a "target" indication next to them in addition to the breakdown about Round 1, Round 2 and Total under the timing column while others do not.

When it's available, how should I interpret this target time?:
Is it similar to games where, if I want to go -0 in the section then I ought to target for time?
Is it the average amount of time that other 7Sagers (perhaps in a particular score range) have spent?
Is this what J.Y. believes one ought to spend on this particular question?

It's just awesome the amount of data that you instantly have access to and I think this could be a huge value-add but just not sure how to interpret here.

Thanks!

Comments

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Hi there!

I may be wrong, but I believe that JY said that the target time is the average time spent on that question by all 7sagers who scored in a particular range (I believe -2 or better?) on that section. I hope this helps!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@"ahnendc-1" said:
    Quick question for those that have a better understanding of the 7Sage problem set generator than I do:

After I've completed any sort of problem set, I've noticed that SOME questions have a "target" indication next to them in addition to the breakdown about Round 1, Round 2 and Total under the timing column while others do not.

When it's available, how should I interpret this target time?:
    Is it similar to games where, if I want to go -0 in the section then I ought to target for time?
    Is it the average amount of time that other 7Sagers (perhaps in a particular score range) have spent?
    Is this what J.Y. believes one ought to spend on this particular question?

It's just awesome the amount of data that you instantly have access to and I think this could be a huge value-add but just not sure how to interpret here.

Thanks!

Hi there,

The system calculates your target time based on collected data from top scorers and your actual time. The target time may have been missing on some questions because the system doesn't have enough data yet to generate a "target time".

I hope that helped. Let us know if you have any further questions!

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

The system calculates your target time based on collected data from top scorers and your actual time. The target time may have been missing on some questions because the system doesn't have enough data yet to generate a "target time".>

That makes a lot of sense! Thank you very much for the quick explanation!