Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What are the most essential offered by 7Sage?

ssagarssagar Member
edited April 2020 in General 26 karma

I am registered for the July 2020 LSAT, I have been scoring low 160s and I want to improve my score into the low 170s. What are the most useful 7sage courses you have used so far and that I recommend doing. The course planner is saying I need to spend 90+ hrs a week to complete all the material, but I don't think all the material is 100% required right?

Please let me know what you all think, I'm an LSAT newbie.

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I think the question as it is currently phrase is a bit akin to asking: I'm learning German, what are the most important words or phrases? Pretty much any advice you receive when the question is phrased like this is going to be less than complete and therefore might not get you the results you are looking for. We are not fully aware of what it is you know or don't know as it currently stands.

Instead, my suggestion is to run a full diagnostic on what it is you are missing.Scoring in the low 160s means you are missing roughly 26 questions per exam. Gather up your last several exams and see if any patterns emerges: are you missing flaw questions at a certain rate? Are you missing inference questions on reading comprehension at a certain rate? How is your conditional logic? If a pattern emerges then focus on becoming familiar with those question types with the help of 7Sage's core curriculum and the practice sets.

Note here that this approach has its weaknesses, as it might not be readily apparent why you are missing the thing you are missing. It might be a core reasoning pattern that needs work, something like causation. If this is the case, the 7Sage CC is still a great resource for your improvement but it is possible that the reasons for the misses are harder to tract down and focus on.

Lastly, let's take a step back and put what you are trying to do into focus. You are trying to move from the ~80th percentile of all test takers to something like the ~98th percentile of all test takers. There is no magic formula for this jump, there are no panaceas. Instead for many this move consists of being really good, reliable/consistent and confident in everything on the exam. So given your goals, to answer your core question: everything is useful to learn and internalize in 7Sage's CC.