Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Letter of Recommendation

Hi! I am graduating college in a week! With that being said- I plan on starting work in July. Currently, the plan is to take the LSAT in August and work for 1-2 years. I have asked 2 professors to write me letters of recommendation and informed them of my timeline, they both were delighted to. Should I have them write the letters now or in a year when I plan to apply to law school?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

I would recommend getting letters from them now or sometime this summer because that way you would be fresh in their mind (meaning like the stuff you did in their class, projects, etc). I don't think there is any harm in having the letters early and then just using those letters when you need to- but that is just my opinion! Good luck & Congratulations on graduating!

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

@oliviamae98 Congratulations on graduation! I would definitely go ahead and get the letters of recommendation now. I have heard however that some AdComs scratch their heads with letters that are +1.5 years old so I would just ask the professor if they would be willing to update the date when its time for you; seems to me like that would be the best of both worlds.