Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Flex Tips

mkara1616mkara1616 Alum Member

Does anyone have tips for taking the LSAT flex? Before, I would take practice tests on my tablet, and now that I moved to taking tests on my computer, my RC score dropped. Highlighting really helped me on the tablet, but highlighting is much slower on a laptop. Does anyone have any advice?

Comments

• briannunez79briannunez79 Member
    edited May 2020 9 karma

This is a real issue for a lot of people. You cannot work as diligently on a laptop than with a tablet and pen. LSAC needs find a solution for this because it is not fair to people who have studied for over a year utilizing the same methodology. In my opinion, they need to add an additional 10 minutes to each section to account for the extra time that it is taking to highlight and make notes on the passages/problems/arguments.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Wishing there had been trial test runs.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I have been practicing Reading Comp on my laptop for months. Peronally, I am thrilled that I will be taking RC on my laptop rather than on the tablets LSAC has used. I previously took the LSAT and to my dismay the highlighter function didn't work- at all! If you looks around on reddit even 7 Sage you will find other complaints of the highlighter function not working correctly as well. I know my computer works and am way more comfortable using the highlighter this way. Also, though I do highlight, I highlight very little- typically I will highlight turns in the argument ( words like But), I will highlight conclusions if there is one, words that indicate author's attitude that kind of thing. Because I highlight generally only a word or two at a time using my own laptop versus a tablet, it doesn't take me extra time.

• mlhinklemlhinkle Member
    292 karma

Are touch screen laptops not allowed????