deleted

legallyconfusedlegallyconfused Alum Member
edited December 2020 in General 350 karma

deleted

Comments

• mellomelmellomel Alum Member
    292 karma

I'm on the same boat as you and it's quite disheartening. I do especially poorly in LR (went from scoring in the -2/-4 range to -7/-8 range!) so I decided to go through a few LR sections from the 80's untimed in order to address accuracy issues. I've read in the forums that many people think they're actually not harder but just a little different so I try to keep that in mind to not get overwhelmed.

• legallyconfusedlegallyconfused Alum Member
    350 karma

@mellomel That's interesting...I mostly suffer with the LG in the 80s. When I do an LG in the 80s games it looks like LSAC took the worst parts of every game ever made and combine them into four disastrous games lol. And I would "know" considering I have done almost every PT. With LR, I continue to get my score of -2, so maybe there is something to the idea that they aren't harder, just different. Thanks so much for your input!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

The PT in 80s arent harder. Theyre just different. Review some extensivley and give yourself time to adjust. This is especially the case in LR. In fact I found the RC in 80s to be easier and LG about the same than the 70s.

LR isnt harder, but different and usually cause drops off in the beginning. I would especially look at 80,82,85,89

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

I think the biggest difference is that in the 80s LR the Lsac uses a few different tricks to make questions more difficult. Namely these are difficult grammar, hard wording, and really tricky answers where Lsac is going to use 1 word that totally disqualifies an answer. Overall it's just more emphasis on really good reading skills. The logic doesn't change.

For LG in the 80s I didn't see much of a difference except for some miscellaneous games and of course having a Sub question on most tests. Otherwise I didn't see much change at all from the 60s-80s in LG.