Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT flex prep

fhanif12fhanif12 Member
edited June 2020 in General 22 karma

Hello,
I am planning on taking the August 2020 exam. It has not been announced yet if it will be flex. Any advice on whether to use shortened versions of PTs (3 section tests) when taking practice exams to prepare for the August 2020 exam in case it is flex? Or is that something we should prepare for if/when the announcement is made? From what you might already know, would it make a huge difference in prep?

Comments

• Ron UlyssesRon Ulysses Member
    8 karma

If I was in your position, I would study for the normal LSAT right now, then switch over to preparing for the Flex if/when they announce it. I have been studying for the June exam; originally preparing as if it was a normal exam, then switched once they announced it was a Flex exam. I do think it helped my mental stamina when doing the timed prep tests for a normal exam because going from 4 sections to 3 sections is noticeably different after I finish. Plus, if you prepare now by only doing 3 sections, then come test day you have to go in for the standard exam, it is actually 5 sections (1 section not timed). However, Flex is only 3 sections in total.

• fhanif12fhanif12 Member
    22 karma

That makes sense. Be prepared for the full 5 sections and skim down if necessary later. Never hurts to be prepared. Thank you!