Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Do I still write August? - 7Sage Forum

Do I still write August?

marre1marre1 Member
in General 29 karma

Hey... this summer has been whacked for my personal life and has gotten in the way of studying. So far, I've done 6 PTs. I typically score -12 on RC (rough life ik), anywhere from -8 to -3 on LR, and as long as I can get through the questions, perfect on Logic Games. Yet, the highest PT I've done was a 157. Today was a 155 (I didn't finish LG). What should I do? My Mom (who is not a lawyer nor knows anything about the LSAT truly), suggested that I write August and she would pay for October. Get two writes done. My struggle is, do I even try for August still? Please advise. Thank u sm.

Comments

• marre1marre1 Member
    29 karma

Also - my goal is at minimum a 164.

• VandyHopefulVandyHopeful Member
    5 karma

I think there is time to improve your score in the next month if you really buckle down and strategically map out a good study plan. I think you should reevaluate when you're closer to the test. However, I think the better questions is not "should I drop August?" but instead "should I add October?" And the answer is yes, add October. So long as you aren't applying to Canadian schools, most American law schools take your highest score. It's okay if you take it twice.

• omw2_95th_percentileomw2_95th_percentile Core Member
    83 karma

You're the only one who can answer that question. How bad do you want it?

• marre1marre1 Member
    29 karma

@VandyHopeful said:
    I think there is time to improve your score in the next month if you really buckle down and strategically map out a good study plan. I think you should reevaluate when you're closer to the test. However, I think the better questions is not "should I drop August?" but instead "should I add October?" And the answer is yes, add October. So long as you aren't applying to Canadian schools, most American law schools take your highest score. It's okay if you take it twice.

Thanks. I think I was just having a pity party for myself. I am applying to Canadian schools however but may take LSAC up on the new ~erase August and forget it ever happened~ plan

• marre1marre1 Member
    29 karma

@omw2_95th_percentile said:
    You're the only one who can answer that question. How bad do you want it?

Words from the wise. Thanks. I'll channel this energy.