Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT-Flex Writing Section (August)

christinapchristinap Member
in General 71 karma

Hi everyone! I'm taking the LSAT for the first time on August 29. I'm kind of confused about the timeline of the LSAT and the writing section. LSAC says that the writing section "will be available in your online account eight days prior to every test administration." Does that mean that I must complete the writing section within that time frame? I'm confused about this because the website also says "Beginning with the August LSAT-Flex, all test takers must have a completed writing sample on file before they will receive their score or have their score released to law schools." Could someone please clarify this for me? I'm planning on applying to schools this October, so I'm assuming I can complete the writing any time before then? Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• serenas3serenas3 Member
    17 karma

I am following this thread - I have the same question as you!

• claire.standring11claire.standring11 Core Member
    37 karma

Im writing the Aug 29th as well, as a first time test taker, and it it my understanding that the LSAC website will open up the link to lead you to registration for your LSAT writing sample 8 days prior to the test (so for us the 21st). This DOES NOT mean you need to write in those 8 days. In fact, I wouldn't even think about the writing sample until after the LSAT. Now, it says our Aug 29th exam scores will be released on or around SEPT 18th. However, you will only be able to see/send that LSAT grade to schools you are applying to if you have a writing sample on file. To summarize, you if you want to see your grade ASAP, then you have from when you write the AUG 29th flex, to Sept 18th to do a writing sample. Personally Im going to give myself a week to chill the F out after the exam, and then write the sample so I can access my grade the moment it becomes available.

• runner1515runner1515 Member
    80 karma

Just as a heads up, it took about a week for my LSAT writing to appear on LSAC. If you want to see your score the first day that you possibly can, take it at LEAST a week before Sept 18th. Additionally, if your writing is somehow flagged, it can take up to 3 weeks of LSAC to review and get one on file.