Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to reasonably increase one's score within a section type?

Kevin O.Kevin O. Member
in General 9 karma

I was wondering about the best method to increase one's score. So far, I see that many people recommend reviewing the questions wrong or drilling more of it. I see little to do with question difficulty—I think this would be helpful. For instance, say you do a prep test, and you get a combination of wrong answers in logical reasoning such as Flaw, Parallel Reasoning, Weakening, and Must be True; from then, you look at each question's difficulty, and they range from 2 to 5/5. Now, let's assume that you notice a trend in that you cannot get past 3/5 difficulty in Flaw questions. Would it be reasonable to conclude that by drilling 2/5, in difficulty, Flaw questions until you achieve high accuracy, like 90%+, be a better way to improve and move on to the next difficulty? Even more so by reaching ideal times before moving on. I am trying to find methods that work for me, and it would be awesome if you have something to add.

Comments

• 7SageUser-27SageUser-2 Member
    58 karma

That seems like a reasonable plan, though it depends on how much time you have left to study before your test. If you don't have much time left, another thing to keep in mind is potentially skipping a Flaw question where you don't have a decent idea of what the flaw is, and then try to double-back to it later.