Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Creating a ProctorU account?

farmersmarket94farmersmarket94 Core Member
in General 19 karma

Hi all,

I am trying to test out my laptop system requirements as recommended by LSAC for people taking the August LSAT. The LSAC website mentions testing the system through ProctorU once you've created an account, but when I go to created an account within ProctorU (selecting "Law School Admissions Council" as my institution) I get the message that LSAC does not permit creating ProctorU accounts. Does anyone know how to create an account? Has anyone had luck testing their system?

Thank you in advance for your wisdom!

Comments

• legallytiredlegallytired Member
    442 karma

i was wondering the same thing! some people have said that LSAC will mail out instructions as for how and when to make an account...but the registration for test opens tomorrow so its kind of odd then. do you know if we have to register through ProctorU? or is it through our LSAC account maybe?

• cool-apple07cool-apple07 Core Member
    17 karma

August test taker here, what people have said from the July test is we will create our ProctorU accounts while signing up for our slot tomorrow.

• yazminseyazminse Member
    193 karma

use your email that you guys use from LSAC and click on forgot password. then you will be sent an email that will allow you to reset the password to whatever you want. once that's done, you can login and select a test date. its already open

• omw2_95th_percentileomw2_95th_percentile Core Member
    edited August 2020 83 karma

Step 1 - Create an account if you don't have one already. Use the same email that is registered to your LSAC account.
    Step 2 - Enroll in something. You can't enroll in LSAC when creating an account.
    Step 3 - Enroll in LSAC after you have created the account.
    Step 4 - Logout. Forgot password. Reset password.
    Step 5 - Log back in with new password. Schedule your time slot.