Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Misc Games on LSAT Flex

ashhh313ashhh313 Member
in Logic Games 52 karma

Hey everyone! I was wondering what you guys are doing about misc games for the LSAT flex? I'm not sure how much time I should spend on fool proofing them... would love some opinions/how you guys are approaching this! I don't want to waste my time on these if there's a very small chance of them appearing but I also don't want to be caught off guard. And worst case scenario, there won't be more than on misc game at a time right?

Comments

• Brian12693Brian12693 Core Member
    edited August 2020 88 karma

I believe the chances of there being a misc game is <5%.

The way the structure of the exam has changed, and thus how it is scored, would benefit high scoring logic game test takers unfairly if there was to be a misc game 4.

• meganday2121meganday2121 Member
    edited August 2020 74 karma

I've still been practicing them, but more to keep myself on my toes in case there are any tough misc games that show up. I've been trying out these games https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/lg_10-hardest-logic-games.cfm just to make sure I am ready for whatever they may throw at me.

• lsat12345lsat12345 Alum Member
    49 karma

This is exactly what im debating. I don't know if its worth the time to fool-proof it for the august lsat

• AwokenNovaAwokenNova Alum Member
    176 karma

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking this, because after coming across two star games on here I'm just like wow... haha

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

So like it depends - if you have time to throw in even 2 Misc games a day on top of what you are already doing, I think that's absolutely worth it. Misc games are so good at getting you used to coming up with unique game boards and not panicking if the game rules have an unexpected twist. If you only have time to do 2 games of any type a day, however, it's probably worth picking Sequencing, In/Out, etc over Misc.

If you're already great at other games now and regularly getting -0 but haven't studied Misc much, then it's probably also worth studying a couple of Misc a day to challenge yourself since you're already great at more common games.

I don't think Misc games are a waste of time because, even if you don't get a Misc game, practicing Misc makes you better at games in general. But if you have 15 minutes a day to study any LSAT material then yeah prioritize something else lol