Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cancelling score vs keeping score

Leesh123Leesh123 Core Member

I have written the August LSAT and am on the fence on how I feel. I’ve read up on cancelling your score, but I’m wondering if anyone has perspective on cancelling a score and doing the test again vs keeping your score and taking the test again.

If one takes it again and improves, does it matter if the first time shows a lower score versus a cancelled score?

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Honestly I would recommend not cancelling if you're on the fence. I thought I underperformed and ended up significantly overperforming, and I've read a lot of stories of people who felt the same way. Unless you forgot to do an entire RC passage and know definitively you tanked a section/multiple sections, don't cancel!!

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    edited August 2020 396 karma

I agree with @noonawoon. Unless you had a particularly terrible time of it don't cancel, especially if this your first take.

• runner1515runner1515 Member
    80 karma

I took my first test in June and felt terrible after taking it.... I panicked on a game and felt like I didn't put my best foot forward. I comtemplated cancelling but was really glad I didn't. The score wasn't amazing but was good enough and I was glad that I had it on file going into the next test. Unless you didn't fill out a lot of answers, it is likely worth it to keep it. Best of luck!

• lsatlyfe-1lsatlyfe-1 Core Member
    31 karma

For my July flex test, I was going to cancel because the proctor interrupted me during a very difficult RC which completely threw me off and was about to cancel after the test. But I ended up overperforming by A LOT so my suggestion for you is to keep the score. Law schools do look at all the scores but I've heard they only care about your highest anyway. You can always retake and I don't see the downside to keeping the score even if you bomb it.