Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stuck at 155

veronica.g.lloydveronica.g.lloyd Core Member
in General 20 karma

Hey,
I just wanted to get people's advice for breaking a plateau. The last 7 tests I have taken, I have scored exactly 155 each time. I am registered for the October 3rd LSAT and I want to get a 160. Is it even possible to improve by 5pts in a month? My anxiety is through the roof right now because I feel like I am not improving. Any advice? I am super strong in LR, okay at LG and abysmal at RC.

Comments

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Messaged you with some thoughts! :)

• avoro002avoro002 Alum Member
    336 karma

@SUCCESS123 would you be so kind to send some advice to me too? In the same boat.

• shaybaebeeshaybaebee Member
    185 karma

Keep taking tests and thorough BR.... things will click. i was stuck for a while between 153-158, then i broke thru

• annamhopkins94annamhopkins94 Free Trial Member
    7 karma

If anyone has advice on this I'd love to hear it as well — am in the same boat with a 156 on last 3 tests :(

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

Also looking to break the 160s consistently.

• Lawyer LoochLawyer Looch Alum Member
    105 karma

I'm almost in the SAME position as you. Scored 156 on the last 5 tests. Taking October. If you want to message me we can devise a plan to break into the 160's. I'm great at LG scoring around -3 or -4 on most tests, would like to improve LR and RC!!

• bensasounianbensasounian Member
    94 karma

What section are you struggling with? PM me maybe I can give some advice I'm testing around 164-166

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

Sending solidarity! Currently looking at retaking in November. I'm scoring similar to you and have made some progress drilling LGs.

• kdnelso3kdnelso3 Core Member
    5 karma

No advice but solidarity!! I am stuck at 158 and I'm also taking the october 3rd exam with a goal score of mid 160s

• mlhinklemlhinkle Member
    292 karma

I feel like when you have a break through the point jump is usually decently significant.. if you're stuck and able to achieve a point jump I wouldn't doubt that once you fix a struggle that you will end up jumping 3-5 points. Every time I've seen point increases its always been at least 3-5.

• parkdan7070parkdan7070 Core Member
    50 karma

Totally with you and looking to make the jump from 155 range into the 160s. Also taking the October exam. I'd love to have a study buddy or anyone else that's interested, message me! let's set up a zoom time.

• rahazolfaghari8rahazolfaghari8 Core Member
    57 karma

Currently in the same boat as you! Stay strong!!

• fall22WAfall22WA Core Member
    75 karma

Can you elaborate on how you broke thru? what did you specifically do?

@shaybaebee said:
    Keep taking tests and thorough BR.... things will click. i was stuck for a while between 153-158, then i broke thru