Prioritization / Limited Time to Spend

Byzantine-1Byzantine-1 Member
in General 12 karma

Good Afternoon!

I previously took the LSAT last August and received a 166 and am signed up to take the LSAT again on October 3rd. I want to improve my score to ensure I get into the schools I want, but if I dont end up improving my score it's not the end of the world for me as I'll probably still get in. I wanted to post and get some advice on where to foucs my efforts leading up to the test. I only have about 15 hours a week or so to spend preparing as I'm also taking a heavy course load in school.

I know that logic games are my weakest section so I plan to spend the majority of my time on improving here. I also see that if I do the whole logic games section in 7sage it will take me upwards of 40 hours so I'm not sure if it's worth it to follow the whole ciriculum here. I would like to also spend a decent chunk of my time doing practice tests + some focused learning on the other sections.

So I'm wondering what people think is the best use of my time considering the limited time I have. Any feedback is apprecaited!

Comments

• Oni LSATOni LSAT Alum Member
    218 karma

I think you'd benefit from skipping to Logic Games in the Core Curriculum and trying out the foolproofing method by 7Sage. In my experience, I foolproofed for an entire week for dozens of games and LG became second nature for me. This is because the types of rules and inferences are very limited in LG. You kind of get a sixth sense for how the games are suppose to work.

I recommend going over the universal quantifiers, existential quantifiers, and the advanced logical indicators (and/or + bi-conditionals) in the Logical Reasoning lessons. It'll help you draw out the rules in LG.