Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reading Comprehension Settings on Actual LSAT-Flex Exam

kenedimkenedim Core Member

When taking a PT Flex, the reading comprehension setting allow you to use a fixed ratio vs. unfixed ratio. I've found that leaving the ratio unfixed helps me to grasp the content of the passage better because I don't have to scroll to find what I'm looking for. Does anyone know if the actual flex has this same settings option, or something similar?

Comments

• AKReichertAKReichert Member
    100 karma

It is unfixed in the actual flex test. There are two viewing options. One where you view the unfixed passage on the left and the questions on the right. The second is where you view the passage only (passage continues from left to right). You can easily switch back and forth between the two. Also, when a question refers to a particular line or word within the text, it will automatically be highlighted so it's easy to find.

I found that the 7Sage set up is very similar to the actual flex set up for all sections (includes all the highlighting colors, underlining, font size, etc).

If/when you create a LSAC LawHub account, you can take real exams that are identical to the flex, with the exception that it includes four full sections instead of three. I would strongly recommend checking it out if you haven't already. When you go to take the real flex, it will reside within your LawHub account.

• kamelbrooklynkamelbrooklyn Alum Member
    36 karma

Do you use lawhub? I can tell you the LSAT Flex looks 100% the same as taking a PT on lawhub. Same screen. Same everything. It's essentially just like taking a test on Lawhub. Truly.

• kenedimkenedim Core Member
    37 karma

@AKReichert and @kamelbrooklyn thank you both! This is incredibly helpful information

• jonny2000jonny2000 Member
    31 karma

Is there an option to go fullscreen on the actual Flex? When I use lawhub right now, I'm not seeing that option. it's a bit distracting to only be able to utilize half the screen for the actual test

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@jonny2000 1000% agree. I have taken one PT on Lawhub and hated it. So obnoxious to have to deal with either tiny font or tons of scrolling.

• kamelbrooklynkamelbrooklyn Alum Member
    36 karma

@jonny2000 I tried to make my screen bigger in order to do that, but it didn't work. The margins wouldn't fill the screen and then I couldnt see the proctor chat box which really screwed things up. Ended up sucking it up and just using screen as it appears on Lawhub.

So even though I love the analytics on this site, closer to test day, I PT on Lawhub and transfer my answers over onto here via conversion.

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

@jonny2000 said:
    Is there an option to go fullscreen on the actual Flex? When I use lawhub right now, I'm not seeing that option. it's a bit distracting to only be able to utilize half the screen for the actual test

@VerdantZephyr said:
    @jonny2000 1000% agree. I have taken one PT on Lawhub and hated it. So obnoxious to have to deal with either tiny font or tons of scrolling.

If you hit F11, it removes the extra stuff around the sides to make it less distracting but doesn't actually make the text any bigger.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@WouldRatherBeEating Thanks for that tip