Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fellow parents, how ya'll doing?

LSATulcerLSATulcer Member
in General 111 karma

I have a 3 year old and have been studying since April. My husband is an RN and had Covid patients all summer, so that was difficult to manage. How are ya'll doing with time management and studying? Much love to my fellow moms/dads/guardians out there. Good luck, you can do it! <3<3

Comments

• thetrinabaileythetrinabailey Core Member
    138 karma

@LSATulcer Thank you for checking in on the rest of us Mamas/Papas/Guardians. As a single Mama, it has really been tough. My kiddo has been home since March so I have had to adapt in all regards: mothering/teacher, working, and studying. But I refuse to complain. It could be worse. My daughter and I are together, we are happy, and safe. Sending love your way too - for hanging in there! And tell your husband thank you so much for his work with COVID patients all summer. I appreciate the sacrifice you both made/are making. Hang in there! We got this!

• calvinnhobbescalvinnhobbes Core Member
    134 karma

MAD respect for both of ya'll @thetrinabailey @LSATulcer. My mom finished an advanced degree when I was tiny and is just starting her MFA at 53 this year with the youngest of my sisters at home finishing high school. You guys are going to make your kids really proud and you are going to do great!

• FoodisthelawFoodisthelaw Yearly Member
    16 karma

All I can say is- one day at a time...

• m-smith94m-smith94 Core Member
    edited September 2020 27 karma

3 under 9... finished the BA this year after 4 years of evenings/online. Writing next weekend, wishing you all good luck! To sum... I have absolutely no life, and an exceedingly patient wife.

138 karma

@calvinnhobbes thank you, friend. really appreciate the encouraging words.

• lilpinglinglilpingling Member
    638 karma

Thanks for checking in. It's nice to know other parents are muddling through this too. My daughter is a little older, so she is pretty self sufficient. I'm no longer dealing with the stress of having a little one, but I am simultaneously dealing with feeling bad for ignoring her, working full time, the stress of a pandemic, a heated political climate, and coping with the death of my other child in the recent past (over sharing, sorry). It's a lot. Fortunately, my husband is pretty amazing and willing to put a lot on hold to make it all come together. Give yourselves a lot of credit, this isn't easy.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I do not have kids, but you all are amazing for going through this process with kids. I struggle to manage my relationship and this process, which involves so much more than I realized it would when I started a few months ago. I do not know how you combine that with childrearing. Massive props and good luck to everyone. If you can survive kids you can survive the next few months.

138 karma

@lilpingling share all you want to - I don't consider it oversharing. This sentence resonated with me: "I am simultaneously dealing with feeling bad for ignoring her, working full time, the stress of a pandemic, a heated political climate..." My daughter has been so understanding and supportive. Hang in there. You got this!