Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on LR Study Plan for Nov LSAT Flex

Hi all, hope you are all doing well. I am taking the November LSAT Flex and am currently, consistently, averaging -4 to -7 (-7 is my lowest score) on my LR Flex PT sections. I am hoping to be consistently at -1 to -3 per section and thought I check in here to see if anyone had some tips on how to best spend my next month studying. I generally get a few Nec. Assumption and Suf. Assumption Q's wrong as well as a parallel reasoning Q wrong. Would appreciate any advice/ tips. Thanks and best of luck with your studying and apps!

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Well I think you already know some of the questions you need to work on, so you can begin by drilling those. In terms of taking an LR section overall, do you have a solid skipping strategy in place? if not you'll need to develop one. Another thing you may want to work on is getting better at the easier questions. Answering these faster will bank you time to spend on the harder ones. Be sure to create a wrong answer journal for all the questions you miss. Write out why you picked the answer you did and an explanation for all the answer choices. I think these are some of the main things that are essential for improving in LR.

Good luck!

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4588 karma

Hey there!

Here are some things in my strategy that I use to improve in LR.

1) I am always on high active reading and engagement mode. I read slow and try my best to process everything to make sure I truly understand the stimulus AND the answer choices. (Sometimes people forget that answer choices are hard and take time to process, too!) You might think reading slow is a waste of time, but it's the exact opposite. You're more confident in what you're reading which lets you be more aggressive and fast, and you're less likely to make silly mistakes.

2) Because I'm trying my absolute best to process everything, I only get to read the stimulus once. If I do not understand what I read, I immediately skip the question. (It's harder than you think to actually do! Your instinct is to reread, but it will be a waste of time. You already tried your hardest to engage with it, so it's a waste of time to reread. Skip and come back after you attempt everything else.)

3) While reading the answer choices, I almost never go back to read the stimulus, unless it is to clarify a detail that will only take NO MORE THAN 5 SECONDS. Trying to go back to grasp a logical relationship or connect inferences is never worth your time. If you understood the logical relationship you would've understood it the first time!

4) In cases where I eliminate all of the answer choices (crap, right?), I skip the question. DO NOT go back and reread every answer choice again. Absolute waste of time, assuming you're following rule 1, which you should be!

5) If I eliminated some answers but I'm down to two or three answer choices: Reassess each answer choice with an open mind (no biases is important! You can't be against or for any specific answer choice) and choose which answer you think is best. If you still don't know, skip and immediately move on.

I hope this helps you! Good luck studying! pm me if you have any questions I can answer.