Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Am I being too lax?

Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
in General 541 karma

With the November Flex right around the corner, I haven't been behaving as you think one would in this situation.

For context, I've spent the last 6 months studying mostly full-time for this test and I've taken 20 PTs. The last 10 are averaging around 159 and trending upward–which I am very happy about as I've had to really grind to get here.

My problem is that I am struggling to feel the sense of urgency that motivated to study hard these past months. I don't think I've burned out per se because I am still studying (taking another PT today) but that fire under my but has dissipated quite a bit.

I've seen people say on this forum that you should be getting into a rhythm leading up to the exam, ie: frequently taking PTs at the time you're to take the real thing. Meanwhile, I have been taking them haphazardly and have been hanging out with friend's more often.

Anyhow, is there anyone else in this boat? Should I be getting back on the grind or is it the case that I've already done most of the heavy lifting and so it's merited to ease up on the gas a bit?

I am feeling guilty and conflicted. Advice is appreciated.

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Different things work for different people! A routine leading up to the exam helps some people, being more laidback helps others. Sometimes whether you slightly underperform or slightly overperform on a test depends on how you are feeling that day. If hanging out more with friends is making you feel happy and relaxed, just keep doing that. The LSAT is a process based test not a memorization test, so I don't think there is as much urgency to be reviewing heavily close to test date. As long as you are doing little things here and there to keep the process refreshed in your mind, I think you will be fine.

• Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
    541 karma

@noonawoon thank you!

It is a skills based test...so hopefully I can just do enough to keep sharp.

Isolation from friends helped a lot early on but one can only live like that for so long.