Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Flex experience

starbuckstarbuck Alum Member
in General 71 karma

For anyone who's take the flex- whats the proctor experience/check in process like? Is the format of the test exactly like its on LSAC law hub? When you finish a section, does the next one start immediately?

Comments

• legallytiredlegallytired Member
    442 karma

the check in process is fairly simple if you dont have any connection issues or anything. it takes a couple of minutes. when you log in first you do everything you have to do on ur own like take a pic of urself and ur ID and then u wait to get connected to ur proctor and they send u rules and have u do a room scan show ur hands and everything. and yes it is the exact same as it is on law hub! and no it does not start immediately, you get to click begin next section or something along those lines

• calvinnhobbescalvinnhobbes Core Member
    134 karma

^Yes all that is right. You get 60 seconds between each section, but you can start before that I suppose, I know I savored that minute haha. Format is yes like lawhub. Taking 7sage PT's in the "Standard" view is the most similar to lawhub so I like to do that to get used to it since I like using 7sage's PT platform better for analytics.
    Your proctor will also quit all the applications you have open and kinda "take over" your computer for a minute during check in to make sure you won't get notifications and stuff. Then they will just be open in a chat box minimized thru the proctorU app if you have issues.
    Good luck yo

• 13 karma

Are we able to move back and forth between questions using the keyboard arrow keys? I dont have a touch screen set-up and have been practicing on 7Sage... the LawHub seems a bit older in the way its set-up.

• dupremf0dupremf0 Free Trial Member
    1 karma

Not sure about arrow keys but I definitely just clicked through. You also see all the questions at the bottom and can go back to the ones you flagged by clicking on the question number. You can also read the long passage in RC if the scrolling format isn't your favorite. It's pretty user friendly.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

@"shanay.shahzad" said:
    Are we able to move back and forth between questions using the keyboard arrow keys? I dont have a touch screen set-up and have been practicing on 7Sage... the LawHub seems a bit older in the way its set-up.

No, the arrow keys don't work which sucks. I feel like I save at least a couple seconds per question with the arrow keys, so I have to force myself to not use them. Same with temporarily highlighting text by selecting it with your cursor.

• starbuckstarbuck Alum Member
    71 karma

@canihazJD said:

@"shanay.shahzad" said:

No, the arrow keys don't work which sucks. I feel like I save at least a couple seconds per question with the arrow keys, so I have to force myself to not use them. Same with temporarily highlighting text by selecting it with your cursor.

what do you mean by "same w temp highlighting text by selecting it with your cursor?" cant we highlight the text??

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

@starbuck said:

@canihazJD said:

@"shanay.shahzad" said:

what do you mean by "same w temp highlighting text by selecting it with your cursor?" cant we highlight the text??

I mean how you can typically select text with your cursor as if you were going to copy it, as opposed to using the actual highlight tool in lawhub. I find the former somewhat easier as you are able to select text to emphasize, then just click elsewhere to deselect it. The lawhub tool just feels unwieldy to me.

• starbuckstarbuck Alum Member
    71 karma

@canihazJD said:

@starbuck said:

@canihazJD said:

@"shanay.shahzad" said:

I mean how you can typically select text with your cursor as if you were going to copy it, as opposed to using the actual highlight tool in lawhub. I find the former somewhat easier as you are able to select text to emphasize, then just click elsewhere to deselect it. The lawhub tool just feels unwieldy to me.

Ohh rightt. Thats literally what you wrote before. idk why i didnt comprehend it. I should probably sleep lol
    But yeah, I agree. Highlighting and erasing isnt as efficient as selecting text from the cursor