Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pen or pencil for lsat flex??

ekw9ekw9 Core Member
in General 30 karma

I have been practicing with a pen, but on my last practice test I accidentally wrote down a rule wrong. I caught my mistake quickly and scratched it out, but then it tripped me up for the rest of the game because of the visual clutter. What are your thoughts? Should I be using a pencil so I can erase when things like that happen? I know erasing large mistakes can waste time, but what about smaller things like copying down the wrong number in a rule?

Comments

• 5 karma

I'm pretty sure pens are not allowed on the LSAT, but please double check. And as far as erasing, I would think if it helps you get the correct answer without taking too much time then go for it!

• avoro002avoro002 Alum Member
    336 karma

With an Oct test we were allowed to use both, pen and a pencil. They changed the rules, so you could use either. I used pen on Oct test.

• ekw9ekw9 Core Member
    edited November 2020 30 karma

LSAC website says that ink pens are allowed on the FLEX, although I have heard stories of proctors flip flopping on this! I was just curious if other people have preferences/similar dilemmas

• jonathandbjonathandb Member
    6 karma

You can use which every is more comfortable for you. I personally had both on my desk. If the proctor says something just quickly mention that the rules of the flex clearly state that you can now use both. They won't be mad, you have the right to be comfortable having options.

• Karlygash-1Karlygash-1 Alum Member
    61 karma

I would call and ask. Please let us know too. I had idea take different colors too