Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help needed for LR section

RIP.LsatRIP.Lsat Free Trial Member

Hi, guys, I was wondering if anyone does the LR section by question types when doing a prep test under timed?
For example, I first do all the questions like Principal, SA, PF and so on. Then, I will do all of the rest.
I found that It would be easier for me to do the LR questions by types. Any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Comments

• No you cannot.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I do this only for main point questions in RC and I highly recommend it. Read the MP question and answers, even answer it if something jumps out at you, then flag and do everything else in that passage and come back. Of all the question types in all the sections it was my weakest, I only averaged 2/3rds correct. When I started doing this I never got another one wrong.

As for LR under timed conditions I don't think it's a good idea. You're going to waste time identifying what each question is before moving on, as well as coming back. Under untimed conditions I could see it being a great strategy for some people to learn the test better, as well as how to identify what each question is looking for. Never under timed though. That's a practice strategy not an ideal test day strategy and as such you should not use it on timed PTs in my opinion.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8318 karma

Concur with @VerdantZephyr. Drilling by type is great, but trying to sort by type under time isn't a viable strategy IMO. Difficulty should be the key factor in your test sequence, not type.

• RIP.LsatRIP.Lsat Free Trial Member
    6 karma

Thank you very much for all the suggestions.