Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Control F

nicolasnudlernicolasnudler Core Member
in General 24 karma

Hey guys! now that I know we are allowed to use control F, i was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to use it most efficiently. I suppose that for RC explicitly states passages it would serve most helpful, but I am just wondering if anyone has found any other use to it?

Comments

• acast505-1acast505-1 Member
    10 karma

Hi! This is the first time I hear about being able to use control F, has it been confirmed that we can actually use it?

• venusx17-1venusx17-1 Member
    191 karma

wait???? what .... is this real because that's iconic .........

• MartianmanMartianman Core Member
    211 karma

Do yourself a favor and go peruse the LawHub site https://tinyurl.com/y32q2j7t Take some sections on their practice test and get familiar with the layout. The RC sections with specific references actually have the passage highlighted in blue in both the question stem and the RC passage! It was a happy surprise for me.

• cmoren21cmoren21 Member
    217 karma

I got written confirmation from LSAC after I emailed them that we ARE allowed to use Control F! For me, it's easiest to use when I'm trying to decide between answers and one answer focuses on a key word and the other one focuses on another key word. I look it up in the passage a skim what the main point surrounding that key word or phrase is.

• 1952 karma

^ i agree. i sometimes use it when a question asks for a specific thing about someone. it might be useful if there are zillions of people mentioned in the passage and you need to go find the right person.

• 26 karma

I use control F a lot as I work in excel. This function singlehandedly upped my RC by 4-5 points. I attribute that increase to not just helping me find the right answer but also locate specific material quickly. Honestly when I took the August Flex I was in disbelief that the proctor never said a word about it. At least 5 different times I found the correct answer in RC within a matter of 20 or so seconds using it. Any question that asks for something mentioned in the passage you can immediately locate. Some questions ask for what is not mentioned in the passage, or what is mentioned, you can just control F each answer and not have to struggle through reading again. I would definitely recommend practicing it as it can greatly help with RC.

• cpeaks13cpeaks13 Core Member
    496 karma

@Cameronmandelis so good to know, thank you!