Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7Sage Please Add This to Your Website

UTLawWannabeUTLawWannabe Member
edited November 2020 in General 66 karma

Dear 7sage,
Recently, I have been taking a lot of sections to drill some of my weaknesses. I just wish you would have a separate analytics system where I can insert problem sets I have done. I understand looking at tests, but I would argue that getting to the nitty gritty of analytics within section types means I can tailor more of my effort towards a given area. I do not want to have to take a test every time I am looking for my LR weaknesses, nor write down over 150+ questions and create my own trends. This is because your version and visualization of analytics truly allows me to see where I should focus my time at. Please try to do this with problem sets too!

Comments

• hopefullinghopefulling Member
    edited November 2020 905 karma

I've always wished for this also, especially to see if working problem sets is paying off to improve my performance on a question type v. waiting to run into that type again (and get it right or wrong) on the next PT.

It would have been fun to see this incorporated into the CC problem sets for us to judge our type performance before we started out on PTs (mostly to have the analytics include test frequency data beyond our general tracking of percentages). Yeah, I can scroll through my 'existing problem sets' for percentages, but this would be so much more interactive and FUN to engage with. :)

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I think the problem is many people do not do problem sets under timed conditions. They would not want your performance to be inflated and you have an unrealistic expectation of your abilities. However, I think they could create a system where you could opt in analytics data from your problem sets or just get analytics from the problem set itself that do not relate to your test analytics. That might be a slippery slope, but that is my thinking.

I also felt the same way when I was studying, but I can see why it is not yet an option as well.

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

I have a pretty good idea of what I need to work on based off the current analytics. Also, when I BR the problem sets I drill. The ones I usually get wrong are in line with my analytics.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@UTLawWannabe said:
    Dear 7sage,
    Recently, I have been taking a lot of sections to drill some of my weaknesses. I just wish you would have a separate analytics system where I can insert problem sets I have done. I understand looking at tests, but I would argue that getting to the nitty gritty of analytics within section types means I can tailor more of my effort towards a given area. I do not want to have to take a test every time I am looking for my LR weaknesses, nor write down over 150+ questions and create my own trends. This is because your version and visualization of analytics truly allows me to see where I should focus my time at. Please try to do this with problem sets too!

Hi there,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have taken note of your suggestion and I will pass it on to my team.

In the meantime, let us know if you have any questions.

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    edited November 2020 320 karma

Yeah this feature would be amazing. In the meantime, I've made my own spreadsheet to keep track of my own trends. Here are some screenshots (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Zgo0-BQsrVzlIR_c_zHQI361p_-YAYWN?usp=sharing) of an individual section and a summary of all the PTs I've done. It's not as time-consuming as you'd think and it's super helpful for me. But sadly, as you can see, I've made no progress :(

• UTLawWannabeUTLawWannabe Member
    66 karma

@goforbroke said:
    Yeah this feature would be amazing. In the meantime, I've made my own spreadsheet to keep track of my own trends. Here are some screenshots (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Zgo0-BQsrVzlIR_c_zHQI361p_-YAYWN?usp=sharing) of an individual section and a summary of all the PTs I've done. It's not as time-consuming as you'd think and it's super helpful for me. But sadly, as you can see, I've made no progress :(

omg is there anyway I can get a template of your journal and use it?