Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you double check your rules when completing Logic Games?

Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
in Logic Games 552 karma

I usually just run with the rules that I write down on my first read, but sometimes I make those silly mistakes. I also don’t want to waste too much time rereading the rules either before setting things up because right now I am still slow to complete games.

I guess it’s better to double-check because I would waste more time completing a game with incorrect rules and still get questions wrong. Ideally this is what I should be doing.

Honestly, I am just curious to see what everyone else does. Has it been a habit for you to double check your rules after writing them down or do you just read once and GOGOGO?

Comments

• elimoon23elimoon23 Member
    edited November 2020 38 karma

I may not be the best resource, but I have worked hard to get -0 / -2 in LG pretty consistently. For me, the best approach has been to read very carefully and intentionally to ensure that I make no mistakes. The reality though is that that approach may not work for you. I would suggest taking a PT employing that strategy to see if it serves you well.

• CardsnHogzCardsnHogz Alum Member
    168 karma

*I'm bad a mislabeling rules and a low scorer.

It's a weird situation. You lose some valuable time rechecking your notations. But the reality is one missed rule even slightly misdiagramed, I mean it could ruin an entire section and for some people, that could effectively ruin their entire score.

I have been trying to do like @elimoon23 said. I slow down on the rules notating. To the point where I KNOW what I wrote and it was correct. But < and > will forever be danger zones for me. I know what they mean, but I love switching those. Even when I go slow!

I really hate advice like I've heard like this, but it's my approach for myself. But these are VERY controllable errors. And I need to hold myself accountable to be able to right down what? about 25 rules every couple of days without error? We can do that! well you probably can