Beyond The Numbers: Applying to T-14 | Saturday Nov 28, 6 pm EST

SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
edited November 2020 in Law School Admissions 10774 karma

Hello 7sagers!

I will be hosting two of my favorite classmates at Northwestern, Rachel Corella and Jordan Gerlach. We will be talking about targeting T-14 schools without a score in 170's. We will also be happy to share our experience as 1L's at Northwestern, but we will not taking any specific LSAT questions.

I am really honored and excited to have them speak to all of you.

Saturday Nov 28, 6 pm EST
Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/6968325413

Meeting ID: 696 832 5413
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,6968325413# US (Chicago)
+19294362866,,6968325413# US (New York)

Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington D.C)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
Meeting ID: 696 832 5413
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/k4gmyyIew

Comments

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4572 karma

This sounds awesome! Looking forward to this! :smile:

• melanie.stewart84melanie.stewart84 Yearly Member
    64 karma

Do you record these for sharing after, by any chance? You've put up times and dates for two lessons I am really interested in but they are in the middle of the night for me here in the UK.

• chaplin___chaplin___ Alum Member
    596 karma

thanks for putting this together!

• omerico7omerico7 Member
    94 karma

@Sami Is it possible to record this for people who can't make it? Thanks!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

Thank you in advance for taking your time to organize this and invite people who can share their perspective of applying to T-14's without a 170's score.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@omerico7 said:
    @Sami Is it possible to record this for people who can't make it? Thanks!

Unfortunately, we will not be recording it.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

Bump! See you all soon!

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Anyone feel like sharing some bullet points for those who couldn't make it?

• mariaye0604mariaye0604 Alum Member
    79 karma

Did not see this until way after the fact! Bummer! Any takeaways from this call?

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited November 2020 4572 karma

@canihazJD @mariaye0604 So these points sounded way better in the zoom call... But here's some takeaways:

-Your LSAT score does not matter in law school. No one knows anyone else's scores, and frankly no one really cares.

-Sami received a 169 on her LSAT and spent months agonizing over it. Looking back, she regrets wasting so much of her time and mental health trying to get a score in the 170s.

-The LSAT basically didn't help them at all with law school curriculum. There were no transferrable skills, except the ability to maintain a consistent study schedule.

-You matter so much more than your LSAT score. Especially if you have work experience. One of the panelists (I can't remember who) received a 165 on their LSAT and was still accepted to Northwestern Law. She was a paralegal for a very long time (10+ years, can't remember the exact time)

-Imposter syndrome is real and sometimes you might think you don't belong in law school, but that's not true. The law school chose you for a reason, so you do belong!

-All three of the panelists chose Northwestern Law because they loved the collaborative environment at Northwestern. Sami sat in at classes at other law schools and saw that students were almost competing with each other to see who can be the smartest person. The place she didn't see that was at Northwestern. Everyone was very friendly and collaborative. Sami lost her notes one day and asked a friend to borrow notes, and without hesitation she was happy to give her notes.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@Christopherr Thanks!