Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Addendum Question

hey everyone, i had a question about writing an addendum in regards to your lsat score.

if you have a score that is 90th percentile or above, but you do not meet the median for the school to which you are applying (for example if you are applying to it as a reach school) is it acceptable to write an addendum? or would that seem like you are just making up a reason for not meeting their median?

thank you :)

Comments

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

@legallytired I don't know if this answers the question but I do not think, regardless of where your score falls, that you write an addendum for an LSAT score unless there is some unusual circumstance that requires explanation. Examples might be that your test was interrupted by construction nearby or you disconnected from Proctor U. Perhaps your were recovering from food poisoning or something else. If you have always had struggles taking standardized tests and can demonstrate that with poor SAT or GRE results but very good grades you could write an addendum about that. I have a friend who wrote an addendum talking about standardized test struggles and the insane amount of LSAT preparation she did only to score a 157, quite a few points below the median at GWU. She got in with some scholarship money but the rest of her application was strong.

In regards to writing an addendum because you think that your LSAT is lower than it should be for that school or lower than your performance the general consensus is not to do it. Schools know that you want a better LSAT so that you can be above their median, but they can only judge the scores they have.

• legallytiredlegallytired Member
    442 karma

@VerdantZephyr oh okayy! got it thank you so much!! that was really helpful and definitely did answer my question:)

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

You are certainly welcome.