Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For those who have used Loophole

sheridjwsheridjw Alum Member

I made great improvements in the LR section after using the loophole. On the pt's in the 60's and 70's i was usually -3 to -5. Since moving into the 80's though my scores have gotten much worse, anywhere from -5 to -8. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and found that taking a break from timed sections and pt's to go back to doing translation and clir drills helped? That is what helped me get to -3 on the earlier pt's but i am scheduled to take January and taking a break from timed work scares me. Appreciate any feedback you may have!

Comments

• Auntie2020Auntie2020 Member
    552 karma

This has not happened to me just yet, but I don’t see harm in taking timed sections right now! Give yourself structured time to do untimed tests and then schedule in timed tests every now and then.

In my personal opinion having a solid foundation is more important that trying to get faster at something you don’t quite fully understand just yet!!

Try to do those CLIR and basic translation drills daily! That could also help as a supplementary assignment.