Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does an LSAT retake affect admission offers?

I'm already accepted to a couple of schools, and I plan on retaking the LSAT in February. If I end up doing worse, can schools rescind their admissions decisions, or reduce my scholarship amount?

Comments

• edited December 2020 1952 karma

i doubt that they would. schools report your highest score, so that's the score that they generally care about (plus, this will be after they have made a decision on you, so they would have even less reasons to care about this)
    if there's a huge discrepancy between your scores, though, (you score like 10 points less), that might raise an eyebrow. but then, you can simply explain why you scored lower: maybe it was because you had internet interruptions, you were sick, etc.
    i think this matter is very different from how schools would care about your end-of-year gpas, where schools can actually reconsider their admissions offers if you have a very significant drop in your gpa when you send in that final transcript.

but here, i think you have little to lose.