Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does taking the LSAT 3 times look bad on an app?

dajfish3000dajfish3000 Alum Member

Hello, 7Sage!
So I just took the LSAT for the second time in June and got a 163. I took it the previous June and got a 159. I'm trying to stay positive about the improvement, but I was consistently scoring around 168 for the two weeks before my last test after 4 months of studying and working through the 7Sage basic curriculum - so I'm feeling like there is potential for improvement. BUT is it worth it to take the test for a third time? Does anyone know if the third attempt looks bad on an application, even if it is an improvement?

Thanks for the advice!!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Anytime you can increase your score, that is a good thing. And it is absolutely worth taking it again.

Having multiple takes that are lower doesn't look great on your app, but a much higher score will certainly mitigate any negative implications the lower scores may have. The highest score us going to be what counts the most!

Good luck :)

• Raphael RiveraRaphael Rivera Alum Member
    176 karma

Im not all that sure how an admissions committee will view it but as a person seeing it I would be glad to see the determination to be better as a good sign of an individuals ability to thrive in law school

• dajfish3000dajfish3000 Alum Member
    10 karma

Thanks for the feedback! Yes fingers crossed the third time's the charm...

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"c.veneski" said:
    Im not all that sure how an admissions committee will view it but as a person seeing it I would be glad to see the determination to be better as a good sign of an individuals ability to thrive in law school

This is somewhat true. But they also take into consideration bar passage rates and law school tests. First time bar passers are what schools are after along with students who they are betting can thrive compared to their peers. Again, though, taking again and improving is always the better choice. Just don't rely on it it like a driver's test where your pas failures don't affect you the same way.